Saturday, February 17, 2018

You're in Jordan, you'll want that in Arabic!

One of the minor annoyances is the tendency of apps to think that, because you are in Jordan you want everything in Arabic.

This greeted me on my attempt to put up the last post:
(Note how everything is aligned right to left, with the "close" button moved to the right. All the toolbars switched sides too.)

And the entire Blogger site was in Arabic from that point on. Alison help fix it for me, because oddly hers didn't change over, but when I go to the preview function it still gives portions of it in Arabic.

Google search reverts every now and again to Arabic, again right adjusted, but seems to go back after a few searches in English.

I also get very helpful messages from my phone provider in Arabic. Fortunately on-line translation works really well for them, once I learned how to cut and paste the text.

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised that you have not learned the local dialect yet :-) and the school appears so um, secure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, Andy here. I've put you down for reflection on 27th March. Just thought I should let you know so that you can prepare!!

    ReplyDelete

Almost done

Today is our last full day in Belgium, having spent a brief while in each of the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. From now on we're go...